110 Railroad Street (Suite 5)
Frankfort, NY 13340
The Village of Frankfort Electric Department consists of over 1700 customers. Over a period of over 100 years, it has grown from $150,000 yearly revenue to $1.5 million today. On June 17, 1901 the Village of Frankfort purchased existing customers and developed territory in which to operate from. By the end of 1902, a new electrical substation was built. This was the power source for it's operation. By the end of 1903, electric rates were established and meters were in place. In May of 1904, the new electrical municipality was in full operation. Today, we have upgraded the same substation to handle four (4) times the capacity. We also built a second substation to keep up with the future local growth.